Customers fed up with noisy restaurants
A loud restaurant creates an unpleasant dining experience, at least according to results of a recent survey by American Express MarketBriefing. While many dislike din of any kind, most tolerate music better than other types of noise. The survey also found women especially sensitive, with 62% saying that too much noise adds stress to the meal.
- 45% of diners would avoid or decrease their visits to a restaurant that played music too loudly
- 18% would continue to visit the restaurant but complain to the staff about the volume
- 73% would decrease their visits to a restaurant with a lot of background noise
- 24% would visit on off-hours when it’s likely to be quieter
- 29% would avoid the loud restaurant altogether
Source: American Express MarketBriefing produced by Technomic, February 2011